Since June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, Twin Town Villa wants to help raise awareness about Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and other dementias. Being an assisted living community that serves the elderly community and their families, we see first-hand how Alzheimer’s, dementia, and memory loss affects people and their loved ones. We also have some tips and resources on caring for a loved one with memory issues.
Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia. “Dementia” is any brain disease related to memory loss and diminished cognitive skills.
- Alzheimer’s is the sixth leading cause of death in the U.S. About 1 in 3 seniors die of dementia.
- Nearly twice as many women have Alzheimer’s than men, according to the US Dept. of Health & Human Services.
- Heart disease can increase your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
- Keeping your brain active in old age (and the more education you have) can lower your odds of getting AD, according to the National Institute on Aging.
- Watch the video below to learn more factor about AD. For more information about Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, visit Alzheimer’s Association.
Alzheimer’s and Memory Care at Twin Town Villa
At Twin Town Villa, our staff is experienced and passionate about helping people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our memory care community is a special residence is designed to care exclusively for residents with Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of memory impairments. Learn more about our Memory Care community and amenities for your loved one.
Tour Twin Town Villa Alzheimer’s Care Community
If you are looking for Alzheimer’s Care for your parent or loved one, please reach out to us at Twin Town Villa. You can contact us online or call 218.643.9542 to request a tour. We look forward to showing you our community that is home to so many wonderful people with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and memory loss.